Sunday, January 30, 2005

Ireland update

Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted. I am continuing to settle into the seaside community of Greystones. It really is an adorable little town. It’s taken me a while to get used to the pace of life here. Everything is slower and more laid back, which is good and bad.

This past week wasn’t too hectic. The Harbins attempted to ease us into classes, but I’m afraid of what’s ahead. Next week we have three hour blocks of classes each day in addition to a spiritual renewal service on Wednesday and Friday. So far we’ve just done Celtic Christianity, so next week we start in on Irish History and Irish Literature. I think we also have an Irish step dance class on Thursday. I’m so sick of school.

Cooking has gone extremely well this weekend, although I’m exhausted. My partner, Mary, and I head up the kitchen crew here at the Y, so on weekends we’re in charge of meals. It takes a good deal of time out of the day, but I honestly don’t know what else I’d do with myself and I love cooking. All this time I didn’t realize how much of an English girl I was! BTW, Mary lived on Third North. :)

So, basically, life is slow and I’m still alive. How’s that for an update?

No comments: