Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Back to the grind

I broke down and bought a coffee grinder yesterday. It was bound to happen eventually. This morning after a lovely breakfast with my boy, I sat down with my first homemade cup of joe in three weeks.

See, I'd been using my apartmentmate's grinder for the whole school year (thank you, Lane), but cellar apt living is long over and she moved her grinder home a week before school ended anyway. Therefore, for the past several weeks I've relied on the DC, Starbucks, church and (blah!) McD's to fill my cup.

So I did it. I went to WalMart and purchased a grinder. It was on sale and as I fetched the box from a high shelf an elderly woman in a motorized wheelchair paid me a nice compliment. All in all it was a delightful WalMart experience.

And what's more... next week I'll begin filling my grinder with my mark-out pound of Starbucks coffee per week! Oh, the joys of employment.

No comments: