Sunday, August 21, 2005

And we've reached an all-time low.

I wish my gag reflex were a little less sensitive. Or a little more sensitive. I can't decide.

However hard I try (which I admit isn't very hard), I can't seem to achieve any degree of normality. I feel like I've had a lobotomy or something... like a huge chunk of me has been lopped off. I'm through with talking to people. I'm just going in circles and people are sick of me right now. Maybe I'm just sick of me.

You'd think that after 21 years of experience, I'd be pretty decent at falling asleep. Not so. I lay in bed in the darkness and my mind and heart churn. Sleep eludes me.

It's pretty sad when the lyrics to a Kelly Clarkson song best define one's life. Oh well. "I can't breathe, no I can't sleep, I'm barely hangin' on."

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm not sick of you.

I love you, Meg.

He puts poor people on their feet again;
he rekindles burned-out lives with fresh hope,
Restoring dignity and respect to their lives--
a place in the sun!
For the very structures of earth are GOD's;
he has laid out his operations on a firm foundation.
--1 Samuel 2:8-9, The Message

Megan said...

Thanks, Maria. Why did you have to graduate last year?