Saturday, August 27, 2005

"Toddmonster Elder... it just rolls off the tongue"

Well, my brother has officially been a Boilermaker for two weeks now. I just got back from a short visit to the 'Due to hang out with him. We had a lot of fun (Or at least I did. He said there are "more exciting things" than hanging out with me. That's fair.). Still, I get SO confused there. All the streets are one way, there are swarms of people everywhere and all the buildings look the same. It's enough to make me miss my simplistic loop of a campus.

It's so wild to hang out with my brother as adults. I mean, we've never really hated each other (we'd fight when we were younger, but in general we got along), but our bond goes way beyond tolerance or general friendship to genuine love and understanding. I think that in some senses, Nate is the only one who gets me because he is the only other person who grew up in my house and dealt with the stuff I went through. That is the glory of siblings. While other people can and will get to know me, Nate shares my genes as well as my upbringing and that says something powerful.

1 comment:

Maria said...

"Little" brothers are the best. I agree with your conclusion and have seen it in my own life as well. :)