Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gather ye rosebuds...

What's with all the psuedo-international cuisine in the DC? We're an American institution. Let's eat like it.

I'm learning a new trick. Instead of constantly rushing from one thing to the next, I'm training myself to welcome spontaneous conversations and activities. Today I was going to the post office to mail something and an old friend was in the Union. Instead of running off, I stayed and talked for about 45-minutes. It was amazing and refreshing. I'll admit I struggle with wanting to rush off. Last night we were talking at dinner and I kept trying to get up and leave to go to senior sem. I was so paranoid I'd be late! But, no, I restrained myself and we made it to the recital hall with plenty of time even after stopping several times to converse with random people.

Yesterday, Vance called me the "new and improved Megan Elder." I suppose he's right. Margaret says I'm a LOT more laid back. I like myself better this way. I'm actually able to enjoy the blessings God has given me instead of rushing with my head down from one thing to the next. Unfortunately, even Type-B Megan has to do her homework. Oh well.

No comments: