Friday, October 07, 2005

Thriller, thriller night

"This was our last Airband," I said to Jenny as we left the chapel last night. Of course, it was also, in a way, my first Airband. See, my freshman we were in it, my sophomore year I took photos and last year I didn't go because I had to edit the Echo. I'd never camped out all day outside the chapel vying for a good place in line. I'd never stampeded into the building as the doors opened. I'd never actually enjoyed the show as an innocent bystander. And so, I must say I enjoyed my first real Airband experience.

Sitting in the audience was way fun, especially because Jenny was there all the way from Indy. Yeah, and she has to teach today. She's CRAZY... and I love it. I'm also glad that I got to be with many of my other good friends, but we all missed Alison and Heather and Melissa. :(

Gerig won, and they deserved it, but the judges obviously had a Disney bias. Disney acts took all the top honors. English really should have placed, in my humble but accurate opinion, because their act blew my mind. The other act I thought was pretty amazing was Sammy II and Fourth Berg. I'm always down for a little break dancing.

So now I really want to dance. Fortunately, my dance class that is usually on Wednesday was moved to Saturday this week, so I will get to dance tomorrow.

Today could potentially be good because I don't have any plans. I'm sick of making plans. We turn in the video project from HELL today. How could a 30-second commercial cause so much heartache? Well, it's out of our hands, or at least it will be in two hours. GOOD RIDDANCE.

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right. I hope you had the time of your life." --Green Day

No comments: