Monday, November 07, 2005

This means WAR!

Our senior sem. project is blowing my mind. Each group had to plan a service project, so at my roommate’s suggestion, we organized a Penny War to raise money for Crisis Pregnancy Center in Marion. Each residence hall can donate spare change in milk jugs at its front desk. Pennies count toward the hall’s total score. Silver coins (nickels, dimes, quarters) count against the scores of all other residence halls.

I’ll be honest, I was skeptical. I mean, I’m sure it worked in Margaret’s high school, but would Taylor students donate money? I never even notice things at the front desk unless I get a package in the mail (which is never). I figured we’d make $5 at the most. As of last night, we had about 25 times that (and we still have a week left in the war)! Obviously this campus (especially English Hall) knows how to answer a war cry. I’m so excited to really be able to meet a need for an organization about which I care so much. So… party on.

In completely unrelated other news, I’m SO PUMPED about next semester! I registered last week and I’m all set to grad in May. Contemporary Christian Belief TR 9-10:15 is going to be an absolute PARTY. I mean, we’ve got Win Corduan, almost all of my girls, and my two favorite Asian boys (as if one could quantify such a thing). Yeah, so I’m going to die of over-exposure to Gen Eds (adolescent psychology will be my only respite from lib. arts core curriculum) and I have to write a senior paper, but with Jenny on campus and Janell taking Contemp before rushing off to her practicum, I think it’ll be a good time.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yeah, I remember. You totally had a crush on him. ;)