Monday, August 14, 2006

Mighty MO

This isn't my first long-distance relationship, but in the past it seems I've always been the one to initiate them. It's not like I've ever wanted a long distance relationship, I just find myself going to Ireland or school or something like that. This time is different. This time he's moved away from me.

It's nothing personal, either. He has a great opportunity and I'm excited for him. I spent the weekend moving him into his new apartment in Columbia. I had so much fun getting him all settled in. Plus, I really enjoy the area. We walked around this park with a fake lake in the middle of it and played on this sweet playground. Later that evening, we strolled through Mizzou's Peace Park to the exhilarating rhythm of the MU drumline. They were awesome and I reeled in envy of their coordination.

Today I drove home, unsure of what awaits me. On the radio, Sean Hannity warned of impending doom following the UN ceasefire agreement. Like the Middle East, I feel equally unstable, though not so much doomed. I just feel antsy, as though I'm on the brink of a huge life decision and I don't know which way is up or down...

But I'm following my heart. We'll see where that gets me.

No comments: