Thursday, August 31, 2006

The way I see it #76

So who else is excited that it's fall at Starbucks? In the past three days, I've consumed more than my fair share of various pumpkin-laced products. Yum.

But the real subject of this post is not what was inside of my partner beverage cup on Tuesday (btw, it was triple grande nonfat no whip pumpkin spice latte) but instead what was written on its side. Here's the quote:

"The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life."
- Anne Morriss, Starbucks customer


Oh, how convicting for Little Miss Can't Decide. I believe in the truth of Anne's statement with all of my heart. I just can't seem to put it into practice.

No comments: