Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Lightning strikes... Twice

When I woke up this morning, I had not idea what I was doing. My roommates were getting worried about me, because I was in that mood I get into when things aren't working out. I called the US Marine Band PR lady to try my luck and see if there were any E-ville people. There weren't, but she would try to see if anyone went to college there. I figured nothing would turn up, so I started looking for other angles. Nothing. Then, an hour or so later, she calls back with THE BEST NEWS I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. Not only did one band member graduate from University of Evansville, but she's also the first woman to be selected an officer! Whaahooo!!! So there's my Reagan story, a behind the scenes look at the funeral from the eyes of "The President's Own" band member.

A few minutes later, my grandma called. She'd just gotten off the phone with Congressman Hostettler's sister, who had just talked to her brother, who said he wanted to meet me! So now I have a meeting TOMORROW with my congressman! This is, like, the span of 5 minutes. I was smiling pretty big after that.

It's REALLY hot outside, but I walked to and from Capitol Hill in a suit. When it's that warm outside, I drink this.



(Image courtesy of www.joetea.com)

It's delicious. Apparently, you can only buy it in REALLY rural villages in Pennsylvania, but we have a refrigerator full of the stuff because Dena's friend brought it when he came to visit. I highly recommend it.

No comments: