Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Whoa-yeah, everything’s not lost

Have you ever been totally caught off-guard by an act of love, something that knocks the air straight out of your lungs like a surprise French kiss or an unexpected visit? I believe in a God of Romance, and boy did He lavish one on me this morning! I think I’ve mentioned on here how God communicates His love for me through the sky. Well, this morning as I was leaving the Well a fuchsia sunrise greeted me. I could hardly believe my eyes, it was so breathtaking. For a moment, I wished for a camera, but then I realized that I should just enjoy it and drink it in while I could. The pink had quickly dissipated by the time I passed the baseball field, leaving not so much as a trace upon the grey clouds that shrouded the morning air. It was then that I knew that the display I’d just seen had been intended specifically for me. Had I left the Well a moment later, I would have missed everything.

“How great the Father’s love for us, how vast beyond all measure.”

No comments: