Monday, November 15, 2004

Beware the Ides of... November

Things are generally going well for me right now, although I've basically checked out of college life for the time being. I'm leaving a few days early for Thanksgiving Break and can think of nothing else. I never thought I'd be this excited about going to Evansville. It's funny how one person can make the trek so worth it. :)

Bob loaned me an incredible book for while I'm on break. It's called Generation Ex by Jen Abbas and I've already cried reading it. I'm only about 20 pages in! It's exciting to uncover this new resource for my healing journey. I'll be sure to let you know if I still recommend it after I finish.

We had the Junior Bagging tonight, which was fun. Margaret and I were the only reps from our wing, so we sat with some of my friends from freshman year. The event had a Hawaiian theme (gag me with a kiawe thorn), but I chose not to don any cultural garb. The Alumni Relations ladies gave us our garment bags (I wonder if they hate their jobs) and Margaret and I headed out for Dr. Smith's pride lecture. The lecture was good, but the room was really warm, so now I just want to go to sleep. Mmmm... sleep.

No comments: