Thursday, November 18, 2004

You're invited!

I have the cutest grandparents EVER!!! Seriously, they're adorable. They just sent me an invitation to their Thanksgiving. I don't think they've ever sent invitations before. They said I can come over anytime for any meal. I almost started crying when I read that.

Ever since my parents separated, holidays have been especially hard. They're supposed to be a special time of enjoying family, but it's not easy to do that when my loved ones can't even sit in the same room. It's really difficult when I have to miss things because no one else in my family has a broken home. Other family members plan things and if I can go, that's nice, but if not, oh well. By saying that I could let them know the best time for me and they'd work around my schedule, my grandparents are telling me that my time is special to them.

I love my grandparents so much. They are two of the most incredible people I've ever known. I'm looking forward to this break for several reasons. It's nice to know that family can be one of them.

No comments: