Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Sweet concessions.

So G. Dubs didn't follow the Redskins lead. Way to mix it up.

I'm leaving in less than 20 minutes for the Campus Media Advisers' Conference in Nashville. We'll be listening to NPR on the ride down, so I'll hear both concession and acceptance speeches. I'm excited about seeing Simone and Erin (maybe Grant?), but I'm not looking forward to losing 12 hours of my life on the road.

Back at TU, WOW is in full swing and the DC has gone into multicultural sensory overload. Today I sat down at a table with some girls from my wing and three men. The men were all speaking French. I love listening to other people speak in other languages (even though I can't understand anything). Being multilingual is such a romantic notion. I wish I spoke another language. Pidgin doesn't count.

Anyway, I just liked listening to them. One guy asked me what my major was (in English) and I told him Mass Communication. He laughed at me! He said I was too timid! Katherine came to my rescue, saying that I was probably tired. I think I am timid, though. I'm not cut out for this stuff.

No comments: