Monday, September 06, 2004

Ski Hi Drive-In and the Taylor Tradition

Last night, after slight coersion from Margaret, I blew off my homework to go to the Drive-In with her, Jenny and Janell. See, it's a tradition each Labor Day Weekend for TU students to go to the Drive In. People bring dorm furniture and huge speakers and we all sit out on the lawn. Although I'd seen the movies we watched already (The Village and Collateral), I enjoyed cuddling up in blankets and pillows with three of my favorite Taylor people.

Some of the other Taylor people present were a completely different matter. I've become more and more disenchanted with the ideal of the Taylor man. Somehow I got this idea freshman year that TU guys are gentlemen (I guess because a large percentage of them hold doors open for women). I'd been deluding myself. Chivalry really is dead.

In spite of being annoyed by everyone else from Taylor who attended the drive-in, I had an amazing time. Since I'd seen both movies, I got a chance to sit back and look at the stars for a while. I know I've said it before, but I love the sky here. Even when it's cloudy, it's still beautiful. I'd forgotten just how special it can be to enjoy a movie outside (the somewhat thick woods behind the screen also had an interesting effect on The Village).

2 comments:

Cliff said...

I can imagine that thick woods as a backdrop would have an interesting effect on The Village. It would give you something to look at besides the screen.

Just hope all these people who annoy you don't read your blog!

Megan said...

I think you and Matt are the only ones who read my blog, now that Maria is in Spain.