Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday Morning= Vacation

Last night I was talking to Emily in the DC and she asked me what it would be like if I just didn't do any work for an entire day. At first, this sounded crazy to my workaholic ears, but the more I thought about it, the more possible it seemed.

This morning at MAC, I realized anew how much I love being in that church. I'm a half hour away from all my school stuff and I can truly focus on worshipping my God. I can't even picture sleeping in on Sunday mornings like I used to all freshman year. I truly find rest when I'm at MAC.

There were all these international delegates in the service this morning. They talked about this impromptu worship session they'd had last night at Guy and Judy's where they all sang for a solid hour in their own languages. It made me long for China again (although I've been longing for China all week anyway).

At MAC, I'm starting to understand what the true body of Christ looks like. I'm also starting to see what eternity looks like and I'm not so afraid anymore.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

-- "It is Well with my Soul"


No comments: