Sunday, October 24, 2004

Fall Break withdrawl

I've only been back at Taylor for two and a half hours, but I can't seem to make myself do anything productive. I'm still in break-mode. Even though we only got one day off, it was a fabulous escape.

I had an amazing break, complete with a friend, baseball, birthday celebration, a new baby, successful lasagna, clean laundry and Barnes & Noble. The drive wasn't bad, especially with the breathtaking Southern Indiana scenery. I made it in 4-hours or less both ways.

I got to see the Wilson's new baby, Kael, on Saturday. He was a week old and was the smallest human being I've ever seen. I held him for a while, which was super-embarrassing because I wasn't quite sure what I was doing. Kevin and Esther were exhausted, but looked happy. It was neat to hang out with them for a bit.

The break flew by, and now I'm back here with a week of projects and tests looming over me. I appreciated the escape, but I'm having a heard time getting back into the swing of things. Oh well. I'll worry about that stuff tomorrow. I wouldn't take my break back for anything. I had fun. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan said...

I was referring to both Game 7, Cardinals vs. Astros, and Game 1, Red Sox vs. Cardinals. The first was glorious. The second... not so much, but I still had a great time :).

BTW... you don't want to see me play anything that involves a bat and hand-eye coordination. It's not a lovely sight.

Megan said...

Stacy: You don't like it? Fine! You know Wayne, if you're not careful, you're going to lose me.
Wayne Campbell: I lost you 2 months ago! We broke up! Are you mental?

AHAHAHAHAHA!!! I need to watch Wayne's World again. This weekend. I promise. :)