Friday, May 14, 2004

The end of an era

Tonight is the last Echo night of the year. It's definitely bitter-sweet. I'm really gonna miss the staff this year. I'm going to miss each night, walking into English at 3 a.m., gushing with Emily about how tight our staff is. I'm gonna miss hitting that wall around 1 a.m. where I just want to scream and throw my computer across the J-Lab. I'm gonna miss my friends stopping by to visit me in this gilded cage.

Next year will be completely different. For one thing, I'll be in charge. Scary thought. I have a lot of growing up to do before next year. I'm confident in the staff next year, but I'm not quite confident in myself. I'm really scared of failing. It's gonna be hard to follow Wes and Joe. They've been an incredible team. Now it's my turn and the ball is totally in my court. If I drop it, I'll have to pay dearly.

Right now, Joe is taking his sweet time writing his article. I gave him the assignment a few months ago, but he's just now writing it. That's cool, but I have a HUGE day tomorrow. I better get some work done so I don't die.

Good-bye Echo 2003-2004. Farewell Wes, Joe, Gloria and Neville. You've been my family and constant companions. You'll always have a place in my heart.

No comments: