Sunday, May 02, 2004

My hope is built on nothing less...

Early Friday morning, my Uncle Curt slipped the mortal bonds of earth and went home to Jesus. I've been trying to figure out if I really believe that. I mean, what really happens when we die? I know what I'm supposed to believe, being a good Christian girl at Taylor University, but I'm not always sure. Still, God's been proving himself worthy of my trust in all his hidden ways.

For the past few days, I've been walking around in an angry haze. I'm still not sure what to do with myself. I don't want to be around people, yet I don't want to be alone. Then, last night, I escaped campus and went to see Mean Girls with John and Kim. It was HILARIOUS; just what I needed! I finally felt I could honestly smile again. In fact, John was totally there for me all day since Taylathon got cancelled. It was really great to talk to him. He's an amazing friend, even after I treated him so badly last year.

When I got back, the girls were watching While You Were Sleeping, so I joined them. During the movie, Pam presented me with a chocolate bar and sympathy card signed by all the girls on the wing! I am beyond blessed to be living on 3SE (side note: Emily and Melissa are moving up here next year!!! WHHHAAAAAHHOOOOO!).

Today in church, God really gave me a sense of peace about Uncle Curt. Although I fear death beyond understanding, I'm starting to realize just what a gift eternity is. I wish I were in Evansville with my family helping them through, but at the same time, I know I'm where I need to be right now. Just three more weeks, Megs. You can do it!!!

No comments: