Saturday, May 22, 2004

The Hunt

Today was the big city-wide scavenger hunt. It was actually pretty fun, except for the fact that we walked until our feet fell off and I got a little sunburned. All in all, it was a good time, and I definitely feel more accustomed to the city now.

I absolutely love riding the metro. I wish we had one in Evansville! I always think they're so great... it's just an excellent way to get around town. The only problem with the DC metro is how spread out the stations are. We had to walk FOREVER to get to a station. I was way above 90 degrees today, too. I know, cry me a river, but that's some major walking. Needless to say, I'm exhausted.

Our caper ended in success, however, because my team and I took home the coveted prize of ice cream purchased by tMatt. I look forward to the milky, cold goodness.

I'm having a good time, and even feel like I'm starting to fit in here. I still REALLY like my apartment, especially because of my roommates. They're all great girls. I still don't exactly know what I'm doing for stories, but I think I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll google a little tonight and see what I can dig up.

Before I go, one funny incident: my team of girls (and one guy) crossed the street by the Capitol Building and this car full of guys starts chanting, "Titties." I haven't heard that word since I was in 6th grade! How nostalgic. K, hope you enjoyed. I'm off to shower.

No comments: