Wednesday, July 21, 2004

13 Going on 30

Last night my mom and I went out to the South theater to see 13 Going on 30.  We had free tickets and I had to see the movie that made Tiffany Johnson re-evaluate her life.  I didn't re-evaluate my life, but it was a decent flick.

While I've seen several reviews comparing this movie to Big, it's not the same movie.  I must admit I've never seen Big in it's entirity, but from what I understand Tom Hanks' character just gets an adult body.  Jennifer Garner's character travels through time.  Instead of learning to cope with being "big," Garner must cope with the awful person she's become due to the selfish decisions she made at 13. 

I can relate to this.  As a child, I epitomized the word "brat."  I don't know how anyone lived with me.  Although I'd like to think I've outgrown this trait, I sometimes catch myself slipping into a childlike tantrums.  I don't like it when things don't go my way, but I ought to know by now that's the way of the world.  It's one of the many things God is teaching me as I stubbornly rail against him.  Slowly, he's refining my character as I struggle to live out my faith. 

So maybe I did re-evaluate my life.  What do you know? 

No comments: