Thursday, July 01, 2004

BYOI... Bring Your Own Ice

I've been savoring ice water. And toilet paper. They just don't have such luxuries in China.

Tomorrow, I'm heading back to China for a mission trip, but I know this go 'round will be completely different than 2002. There are less people going, it's a lot less organized and I know what to expect out of the culture. I'm not counting on culture shock, but we'll see how well I adapt. Actually, I'm really excited about this chance to re-acquaint myself with the East. Last time I went, I'd never been out on my own. I clung to other Americans and missed out on making lasting connections with the culture. I won't make that mistake again.

I still haven't raised all of my support, so I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm still going, that's a given, but somehow when I get back, I need to make money. Bah. We'll see.

After this post, I may not be blogging for a while (2 weeks). We'll see if I can get internet access over there and if the screen won't be in all Chinese characters. I'm gonna miss the English alphabet!

Anyway, keep my team in your prayers. We will spend one week in Hong Kong ministering in a school there and then we'll go across the border into Zhongshan, China with a group of eight Hong Kong students to minister and teach English. Pray that all would run smoothly, especially getting there. One of the guys is in the midst of a passport crisis and most of the other team members feel way in over our heads. It's the perfect time for God to move, because right now, we are truly inadequate.

No comments: