Monday, July 19, 2004

Doesn't really surprise me

I was reading Matt Wissman's blog when I came across this post.  He was talking about Senator's voting records on the Constitutional marriage amendment issue.  Here's an excerpt:
 
One interesting thing I noticed, was the list of Senators that didn’t vote. Yep, there are two names there: Kerry and Edwards. I would think that voting on a Constitutional Amendment would be an important enough thing for Kerry and Edwards to take a break from their all to important campaigning and go to their job (they are Senators you know, not just candidates). It seems like this shows a good deal of irresponsibility on their part. Do you really want them running the country? They can’t even go to their current job in the government.

I can't say I'm surprised.  When it comes to flipping on the issues, the Kerry camp could be the next Olympic gymnastic team.  It's a shame people are so willing to look past Kerry's faults to get G. Dubs out of the White House. 
 
I'm still deciding where I am politically.  I'm pretty sure I don't want Kerry in charge of the country, but I don't know nearly enough to make an educated decision yet.  I suppose I have until November, but I should quit putting research off.  Hmm... I need to have a nice, long talk with my favorite Poli Sci major :). 
 


4 comments:

Cliff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cliff said...

No research necessary my friend. Vote your instincts.

Megan said...

Even if it's not "necessary," I'd still like to talk politics with you. There are a lot of issues I'm cloudy about.

Cliff said...

Sorry about posting that twice. Kind of odd that I work in IT. Anyway, I'd be more than happy to discuss anything with you!