Saturday, July 31, 2004

On the record

Today I conducted my first interview in over a month. Fortunately, I hadn't gotten too rusty since my stint in D.C.

My subject was Chris Shaw, the new director of Desarrollo Cristiano Internacional (Christian Leadership Development), a Latin American ministry that equips pastors with needed resources. It was a terrific interview and I walked away with some great quotes. Shaw has been the managing editor of the prestigious Spanish magazine Apuntes Pastorales for the past year, so I also got some editing tips to apply to The Echo.

My grandpa wants me to write some sort of profile/feature on Shaw for The Pulse magazine or something. I don't really know what's going on, but I'll write it.

In completely unrelated news, I heard an AWESOME remix of A Perfect Circle's "Weak and Powerless" on 103 today. It's a sad, honest song and the remix sounds amazing. I liked it before, but this version has a sweet, almost acoustic feel. I can't put my finger on it.

" I'm so weak and powerless over you."

No comments: