Monday, July 19, 2004

Happy Anniversary

My grandparents celebrated their 53rd wedding anniversary yesterday by going to a bed and breakfast about an hour outside of town.  Grandpa said that Grandma beat him four times in a row at Kings in the Corner, so they had to come home.  Tee hee.
 
I know I've been dogging on couples lately, but my grandparents really help me understand what it means to be married.  They just flat out enjoy each other.  They argue sometimes, but they get through their differences.  My grandparents are two of the most important people in my life, and seeing their love for each other does something incredible for me.  It's hard to explain. 
 
In other news, my mom was not interested in the Quiznos man. He did end up calling again and asking for a date, but she said, "I don't think so."  She thought he was too desperate, and I understand completely.  It's best to forge a relationship in a real context, not in a fast food line. 
 
Ok, quick review of the new Chick-Fil-A on the East side:  A+++++++++++++.  Go eat there for your next meal.  That's not a request, it's a command. 

No comments: