Saturday, July 31, 2004

Let's get retarded

I'm sure I'm not the first person to point this out, but I just want to get it out there.

It seems the musical quartet the Black Eyed Peas are among the many celebrity performers throwing their weight behind the Democrats. They even offered up their recent hit "Let's Get It Started" as a sort of anthem for their favorite party. Ironically enough, this song sounds eerily similar to another song off their 2003 album Elephunk entitled, "Let's Get Retarded." In fact, I think it's the same song.

Interesting music selection, Dems.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

I've never heard of that band, but I recently discovered that my former fave Foo Fighters are doing some sort of Rock Against Bush album. Good music, bad politics. And no, they aren't my former favorite just because they don't like Bush.

Megan said...

"Good music, bad politics."

Amen, brother. The Black Eyed Peas is a pathetic attempt at a musical group, but that's too bad about the Foo Fighters. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised.

"Hey, don’t let it go to waste."