Sunday, August 01, 2004

A challenge for the road

Wes English is probably the most creative person I know. He revolutionized The Echo, started multiple businesses, and now he's set a challenge before the world of Christian motorists.

Basically, he noticed the hypocrisy involved in Christian road rage. He thinks (and I'm convinced) that the Christian decorations outside of our cars only betray the God we're trying to glorify when road rage takes over. I know I'm guilty. Here's Wes' proposal:

"Decorate our cars from the inside out. Pry off the icthus. Peel off the bumper stickers. Put them on the inside of our cars. Hopefully, we will drive more Christ-like with the constant reminder of our calling displayed on the inside of our cars. When our driving starts to consistently reflect the fruits of the Spirit, we can start putting bumper stickers and icthuses on the outside of our car.

After all, I don't want to be a 'whitewashed tomb, which looks beautiful on the outside but on the inside is full of dead man's bones and everything unclean.' (Matthew 23:27, NIV)"

You're right, Wes. I'll take you up on your challenge. Keep me posted on the new site launch.

(P.S. The photo on Wes' profile of him feeding birds by the tracks... I took that :) )

No comments: