Friday, August 20, 2004

Who can be against me?

I spent most of last night locked in combat with God. I have a hard time trusting him and letting him love me. I felt utterly humbled around 2 a.m. when I unclenched my fists and surrendered into his embrace.

Today, I felt on top of the world (if a little tired) until an e-mail glitch caused a long letter to an old friend to be forever lost in cyber-space. Suddenly, I lost it, forgetting all I'd learned and relapsing into self-hatred and rage. Somehow, this old-school Supertones tune soothed my soul and brought me back to reality.

It seems like everytime I try, I always fail,
I'll never be like Christ, I know I'll struggle,
Until the day, the very day I die.
And how I need someone to make me feel assured.
I don't need anyone if you're on my side, Lord.

No comments: