Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Sojourner takes a break

Looks like I'm finally settling down. I'm back up at Taylor, so for the moment my sojourn has come to an end. I mean, I'll be staying in one place for the next four months. That'll take some getting used to.

This summer was probably the best one of my life. I took advantage of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, followed God's call to Asia and forged new and exciting relationships. What more could I want from a three-month hiatus?

But now I'm here on a college campus in an obscure town in the middle of Indiana. I honestly don't want to be anywhere else.

I love to travel. This summer on the run was just what I needed to satiate my craving, but I'm ready to slow down for a while and enjoy the serenity Taylor University offers.

Of course, by slowing down I mean decelerating from Mach 4 to Mach 1. I have a busy semester ahead of me complete with hard classes, a prestigious position and work-study. I'm under no illusions that it'll be easy, but there will be plenty to enjoy.

-$.99 breadsticks on Tuesday nights
-A fully punched coffee card from The Bean
-Girly movies at 1 a.m. (my P.A. owns The Babysitters Club. I know, gag me with a toothpick... but you know I'll still watch)
-Book Lovers Society
-MUNCIE ALLIANCE CHURCH
-Wal-mart/Handy Andy runs
-Midnight birthday celebrations complete with the Third South birthday song
-Echo nights
-Crochet parties... every night

And that's just scratching the surface. Now I'm even more excited. Let's get this party started!

No comments: