Monday, August 16, 2004

THE WORLD MUST BE PEOPLED!

I love that line, uttered by Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing. In the last few months, Much Ado has become my favorite Shakespearean play, beating out The Tempest and even A Midsummer Night's Dream. I saw the play in the park while I was in Washington, DC, and tonight my mom and I watched the movie version. I hadn't seen it before, so it was way fun. I thought about John Murphey during the opening bath scene because he said he had to watch it, like, 10 times in Sova's class. Apparently, it's a really famous scene for film students. Why is that? I wonder what the Murph is up to right now.

I watched USA take on Croatia in Olympic water polo tonight (even though I'd been led to believe it started at 11 when was really at 11:35). I really like the way their caps tie under their chins like little bonnet bows. Cute.

The game got super intense at the end. The last 30 seconds, Croatia tied up the game 6-6. In the final second, USA scored the winning point. My heart was in my throat! I really want the US to win the gold in water polo. It's been exactly 100 years since it's happened. I think winning would make a nice 100th anniversary present.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Was it I who misled you to the incorrect time? It was an excellent game, and the US won again today against Kazahkstan! However, the US coach was upset at the roughness of the game and alleged punches being thrown. What cracks me up about their hats is that they're the only protection the players have. The US coach was worried about punching; I'd be more worried about a swift kick to the Speedo.

Megan said...

Yeah, you misled me, but all is forgiven. I missed the Kazak match. Too bad, because it sounds like it would've been fun with all that punching!

Dang, I need to proof-read my blog (like my e-mails, eh?)! The their/they're confusion is completely unacceptable. I'm ashamed of myself.